“Let the little children come to me… For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
We welcome you and your children to White Memorial. It is our goal to provide a safe, comfortable and nurturing environment for your child. We also want you to feel secure about your child’s well being while they are with us, so please take a few moments to review our nursery guidelines.
Age of Care and Availability
On Sunday morning, nursery care is available for infants and children up to age two from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. There are church school classes for children who are two years and older at 9:30, and children in worship time for children ages two through second grade at 11:00. The Nursery will begin welcoming children 15 minutes prior to the 8:15 service. Please pick up your children no later than 12:15.
Rest assured that your children are well cared for when they are with us. Our Nursery is staffed by four paid child care professionals and a rotation of volunteers. Our child care professionals are caring and energetic and try to get to know the children in their care. The more your child comes to the nursery, the better the staff will know your child.
Drop off and Pick up
Every parent, grandparent, or guardian who brings a child to the Nursery has the following responsibilities:
- Sign in your child. We ask for a cell phone number. Please set your phone on vibrate. If we need to reach you, we will call you.
- Introduce yourself and your child to the paid staff person and/or the volunteers in the Nursery.
- Share any special instructions with the paid staff person. Please clearly communicate any food allergies, any medical conditions, or any other information the Nursery staff needs to know about your child.
- Clearly mark all your items from home, including bottles, cups, diaper bags, and blankets. Please do not bring personal toys.
- When you drop off your child, you will receive a pin with your child’s name on it. When you return for your child, that pin will return your child to your arms. Another pin will go on the child’s back so the volunteers will know your child. A third pin will go on any belongings you bring with your child. We also will have name tags for visitors.
If your child becomes ill or injured while in our care, the Nursery staff will call you on your cell phone, alerting you to come to the Nursery. For the health and safety of all children and staff, and the peace of mind of our children’s parents, please keep children at home if they have had the following in the last 24 hours: fever, vomiting, discharge in or around the eyes, runny nose with green/yellow mucus, excessive coughing, diarrhea, or a questionable rash.
If your child has food allergies, please alert the staff. We provide graham crackers (containing no nut/peanut product and not made in a facility where nut/peanut is used) for a snack in our toddler room with cups of water or juice that the children bring with them (no milk products please). In the newborn and infant rooms, we do give children bottles and baby food that are provided by the parents.
Though the Nursery is staffed with paid child care professionals, volunteers will be needed each Sunday, especially on holidays. Volunteers are asked to serve one Sunday each month during one of the three services.
This is a quick rundown of the policies that we have adopted to help provide a safe environment for your children.
- On Sunday morning, nursery care is available for infants and children up to age two from 8:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Parents are required to sign in their child at the Nursery.
- Children who are ill, or who have been ill within the last 24 hours, should be kept at home.
- If your child has food allergies, please alert the staff. We provide graham crackers (containing no nut/peanut product and not made in a facility where nut/peanut is used) for a snack in our toddler room with cups of water or juice that the children bring with them (no milk products please). In the newborn and infant rooms, we do give children bottles and baby food that are provided by the parents.
We welcome your input and look forward to answering any questions you may have or addressing any concerns.
Where Do Young Children Go During Worship?
Newborns (Birth-5 months): 8:15 - L103; 9:30 - L106; 11:00 - L103
Infants (5 months – walking steadily): 8:15 - L103; 9:30 - L103; 11:00 - L103
Younger Toddlers (Toddlers walking, born after 4/15/11): 8:15 - L102; 9:30 - L101; 11:00 - L102
Older Toddlers (Born 9/1/10-4/15/11): 8:15 - L102; 9:30 - L102; 11:00 - L102
Please note: During 11:00 a.m. worship, children who were two by September 1 may stay in L102.
Contact: Page King, Nursery Coordinator (staff)