The Weekday School, established in 1950, is a ministry of White Memorial and has been nourishing children's lives for 62 years. It serves both church and community children from September to May. The mission of the school is to provide programs that facilitate spiritual, academic, emotional, social, and physical growth at rates that are appropriate for each of its students.
Weekday School Facts
- The Weekday School program is for children 2-5 years of age.
School sessions are from 9:00 a. m. - 12:50. Two-year-olds who come two days per week can choose a 9:00-12:00 schedule if preferred.
- Kindergarten students attend Monday-Friday (maximum of 16 children per class).
- Four-year-olds may attend four or five days per week (maximum of 16 children per class).
- Three-year-olds may attend three or four days per week (maximum of 13 children per class).
- Two-year-olds may attend two or three days per week (maximum of 11 children per class).
- Each Weekday School class has a lead teacher and an assisting teacher.
- The Music teacher meets with each class two times per week.
- Threes, Fours, and Kindergarten students attend a chapel service weekly.
- The Weekday School students and staff gather for a sing-a-long regularly.
- Fours and Kindergarten students attend both Exploring Lab and Movement class weekly.
- Summer and December Holiday Camps are offered.
For additional information or a tour of the school, call the Weekday School office at 919-834-4637 or e-mail Cynthia Baggett.