Boy and Girl Scouts
Troop 395 meets in Pickard Hall on Tuesdays from 7:30-9:00 p.m. during the school year except on days when Wake County Public Schools are closed.
Contact: Ellis Cayton, Assistant Scoutmaster
WMPC’s Boy Scout Troop 395 is an active troop. Many of our scouts have attained the rank of Eagle Scout. The troop had many exciting outings and activities last year that included:
• Service projects such as Stop Hunger Now at WMPC;
• Participation in Scout Sunday at WMPC in February;
• Camping and swimming at Kerr Lake;
• Beach camping and fishing;
• Rock climbing and caving at Wilderness Adventure;
• Backpacking at South Mountains State Park;
• Camping and cycling on the New River Trail;
• Backpacking on the Appalachian Trail at Mt. Rogers, Virginia;
• Summer Camp at Camp Raven Knob with 46 Scouts attending (2013);
• High Adventure at Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, New Mexico, with 23 Scouts and 9 leaders attending (2013).
Another large contingent of Webelos bridged over to Scouts during the 2012-13 school year helping to grow the troop to 130 Scouts strong.
Troop 395 has grown from approximately 40 scouts to over 130 scouts over the last four years and foresees continued growth. Due to space constraints at the church and demands on adult leaders, Troop 395 currently has an enrollment cap in which the Troop can only accept Webelos from Pack 395, legacies of Troop 395, and members of White Memorial Presbyterian Church.
Webelos Den meets in the Knox Building (K305) at 7:30 on Thursdays during the school year. Pack 395 Webelos are currently accepting up to 20 new fourth graders in fall 2013.
Contact: Randy Mason
A Daisy Troop and a Brownie/Junior Troop meet in the Calvin Building at 4:15 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays during the school year.
Contact: Pines of Carolina Girl Scouts