We have a great line-up of Habitat volunteer opportunities for the coming year in which WMPC – you – can participate. These are our faith-based coalition projects that are organized specifically for WMPC participants (WMPC provides fiscal support, now the hands!), and through which we can engage with other faith organizations in the area.
Wall Builds and On-site Construction opportunities are back!
Please join fellow WMPC members and other faith coalition volunteers in working for affordable housing in Wake County.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
SATURDAY | AUGUST 27 | 8:15 – 11:30 AM. HALF-DAY WALL BUILD
3301 Jones Sausage Road | Garner
Join us at the new Habitat for Humanity warehouse for indoor construction of all walls for a new Habitat home. Ages 16+ welcomed. Sign-up to participate at the WMPC volunteer hub below.
SATURDAYS | JULY 30 – OCTOBER 1, 2022
Small, Solar Home On-site Construction at homes located on Kirk Avenue off Lake Wheeler Rd.
These are Saturday construction events and you can signup to participate in any of several Saturdays. Participate as you can; learn new construction skills and new insights to residential solar! Sign-up to participate at the WMPC volunteer hub below. Parking is limited, so coordinate carpooling if you know of others participating.
A FALL/WINTER PRESBYTERIAN OR FIESTA COALITION PROJECT WILL BE FORTHCOMING
You can use the paperless WMPC Volunteer Hub from a desktop or a smart phone.
Scroll down hit “Sign-up” next to the date and location
- Create an account and password
- Fill out personal info, emergency contact and sign waivers
- You will receive an email confirmation with date, address and time
- Staff are unable to sign-up anyone on-site – everyone needs to sign-up online
- Are you 16 or 17 years old? You will find a waiver that needs to be printed and signed by a guardian. Please bring the signed waiver to the site.
- If you need to cancel a prompt will be in the confirmation email.
Build Site FAQs
Contact: Eric Miller at email@example.com or 919-782-0828.
Please let Eric know if you have registered for one of the Saturday work days, or have questions about the registration process or transportation.