Companion Animal Ministry
This ministry cares for White Memorial members’ companion animals in times of a crisis or an emergency and collaborates with other groups to promote care and concern for God’s creatures. Animal-loving volunteers are welcome.
Companion Animal Ministry also sponsors a Blessing of the Animals service, which is usually held in October. This year's Fifth Annual Blessing of the Animals was held on Sunday, October 2, 2016.
Support Our SPCA
The SPCA OF Wake County is a limited-admission, no-kill animal welfare organization doing extraordinary things for homeless pets. White Memorial and CAM have a faithful history of supporting the wonderful work of the SPCA of Wake County through Community Allocation Committee grants, Christmas Share donations, special offerings from the Blessing of the Animals worship services and other ways.
White Memorial and CAM also continue to support the SPCA’s Food Pantry and AniMeals program, supplying pet food for the SPCA to distribute to Resources to Seniors and other organizations to deliver to seniors and disabled adults with pets. Your continued gifts of pet food ensure that seniors and the disabled with limited income do not have to choose to feed their animals to the exclusion of their own food, medicine, and utilities.
Top Ten Ways You Can Support Animals and CAM:
- Donate dog food and cat food to benefit the AniMeals Program of the SPCA of Wake County. Leave your pet food in the S.P.C.A. box in the connector.
- Consider adopting a rescue animal from the SPCA of Wake County or any other reputable animal rescue organization.
- Designate the SPCA of Wake County on your Christmas Share when you give to others who love animals.
- Attend the annual Blessing of the Animals worship service at White Memorial. The Sixth Annual Blessing of the Animals will be held in October 2016.
- Contact CAM whenever you adopt a new animal. CAM would like to send you and your animal a welcome card.
- Contact CAM whenever you know of a White Memorial member with a very sick animal. CAM would like to pray for the family.
- Contact CAM when you know of a White Memorial member who has an animal who has passed away. CAM would like to write the family.
- Contact CAM if you have a trained pet therapy animal and would like to meet other White Memorial members with pet therapy animals.
- Contact CAM if you have any ideas on things CAM can do to serve White Memorial and God’s creatures, such as speakers, projects, service, outreach, worship, etc.
- Contact CAM if you would like to volunteer.