Companion Animal Ministry
Join us for the 2013 Blessing of the Animals on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 5:00pm in the Carol Copeland Courtyard! All of God's creatures, and their people, are welcome!
This ministry cares for White Memorial members’ companion animals in times of a crisis or an emergency and collaborates with other groups to promote care and concern for God’s creatures. Animal-loving volunteers are welcome.
For more information or to get involved, contact Chris White, chair.
Support Our SPCA with Pet Food
Wake County SPCA helped save many abused, grossly neglected dogs taken in a Brunswick County puppy mill bust. The SPCA took 130 of them for care and placement. They also took 52 cats from a gross neglect situation in Rowan County. Praise God for their humane care and concern for God's creatures. Needed are food, litter, towels and toys. Contributions also are welcome.
The SPCA of Wake County also continues its AniMeals program, supplying pet food to Resources for Seniors to deliver to seniors and disabled adults with pets. Your gift of pet food ensures that seniors and the disabled with limited income do not choose to feed their animals to the exclusion of their own food, medicine, and utilities.
WMPC has a faithful history of supporting the SPCA. Bring your pet-related items to the SPCA blue box located in the Connector. Contact Chris White, Companion Animal Ministry (CAM) Chair, with questions.
Top Ten Ways You Can Support Animals and CAM:
- Donate dog food and cat food to benefit the AniMeals Program of the SPCA of Wake County. Leave your pet food in the S.P.C.A. box in the connector.
- Consider adopting a rescue animal from the SPCA of Wake County or any other reputable animal rescue organization.
- Designate the SPCA of Wake County on your Christmas Share when you give to others who love animals.
- Attend the annual Blessing of the Animals worship service at White Memorial. The 2013 service will be held on October 6 at 5:00pm in the Carol Copeland Courtyard.
- Contact CAM whenever you adopt a new animal. CAM would like to send you and your animal a welcome card.
- Contact CAM whenever you know of a White Memorial member with a very sick animal. CAM would like to pray for the family.
- Contact CAM when you know of a White Memorial member who has an animal who has passed away. CAM would like to write the family.
- Contact CAM if you have a trained pet therapy animal and would like to meet other White Memorial members with pet therapy animals.
- Contact CAM if you have any ideas on things CAM can do to serve White Memorial and God’s creatures, such as speakers, projects, service, outreach, worship, etc.
- Contact CAM if you would like to volunteer.
The 2012 Blessing of the Animals service was held on October 21, 2012. Read Nolan Huizenga's homily called “Donkey Tales” and see photos from the event.
On 16 October 2011, Companion Animal Ministry cosponsored White Memorial's first Blessing of the Animals service. See photos from the event. Read Nolan Huizenga's homily called Love the Animals!